Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fantasy Update

Not good, my friends.  

I'm slowly slipping.  After two weeks in the number one spot, I've started a slow decline in the fantasy football universe.  I held the number 4 spot for a while, but after suffering a loss this week (stupid Ryan Torain--Running Back for Washington on my opponent's team), I'm now in 6th place out of 16 teams.  I'm so frustrated that I lost because my quarterback (Matt Cassel from Kansas City) was actually better than my opponent's, the long-haired hippie Tom Brady from New England.  

The good news is that I am 3rd in my division, out of first by only 14 points.  So as long as I get some more wins and bunch of points, I can reclaim my rightful position at the top.  With the Steelers' Defense and some reasonable Wide Receivers, I might be ok.  My defense has been what saved me so far this season; combined with my Kicker (Steeler Jeff Reed), they scored more points than the rest of my entire team one week.  Clearly, I'm stoked that Troy Polamalu is back this season. 

Next month Dave and I are headed to Pittsburgh where we'll get to see the Steelers take on the New England Patriots at Heinz Field in a Sunday night brawl.  I was there the last time the Patriots played in Pittsburgh, when the Steelers snapped the New England winning streak that spanned two seasons.  I expect this year's game to be equally exciting.

And it will be fun watching my husband cheer for the Steelers and then look conflicted, since we play each other in fantasy football that week.


No comments:

Post a Comment