Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Intruders Be Warned

As I told you last week, my disappearance was warranted, but I must now apologize for yesterday. As with most first days on the job, I expected (and did in fact receive) lots of free time yesterday to settle into my office, nest with my personal items and catch up on doing important things, like renewing my magazine subscriptions and blogging. Unfortunately, the transition of my computer was a little complicated for the tech staff here because I didn't have access to my computer until 3:45 pm and with the new job, I leave at 4:00 everyday. As much as I missed you, I wasn't staying late for you. Hugs & kisses!


I know you were all very concerned, so I will start with the conclusion of the on-going saga of the mice in the attic. I would love to tell you a witty story, but the email I received from my husband in the middle of a busy workday really says it all:

I know your blog readers probably want to know the ending to the mouse saga. The latest is: I win. Last time, I set 2 traps and this was after plugging the passageway in the corners of the siding. Both traps were “full” and there was peanut butter remaining on the one trap. I haven’t heard anything in the ceiling and you haven’t told me that you heard anything. Therefore: I win.

1 comment: