Friday, February 3, 2012

Stuff You'd Know if I Were a Better Blogger

I really hate doing recaps.  I far prefer giving you full on stories about these things.  But if I did a post for each of these with their complete story, I might not get to tell you about all the new fun stuff that happens for another 3 weeks, hence never really getting back on track (I say that now--watch how nothing interesting happens for the month of March and I struggle to blabber on to you about something).  So here's some stuff you'd already know if I was better at blogging.

  • Dave and I moved.  It's a far less interesting story than you think.  My in-laws, Madaline and Ernie, are spending their first full year of retirement together by traveling the country in their Airstream trailer.  They'll be back intermittently throughout the year, but don't intend to stay at home for any long periods of time.  Meanwhile they didn't want to leave their property uninhabited, but since they don't know where they ultimately want to retire, they aren't prepared to sell their home just yet.  And since they are a half hour closer to work (among other bonuses), we decided to help them out by moving in and making sure their house doesn't break.
  • Which means Dave and I are landlords.  We have awesome tenants and they like our place so much we're hoping maybe they'll decide to pick up the option to by our home.
  • (PS: Dave and I still want to move out of Massachusetts, so hopefully this will be a nice stepping stone so we can get where we want to go.)
  • DAVE GOT A JOB!  This truly deserves it's own post, but see above.  I'm thrilled for him and he really likes it so far.  It's temporary and part-time, but hopefully he'll make some good connections to transfer into a full-time gig.
  • Mia has a meet and greet tomorrow.  Paws crossed that this family loves her to pieces (she's become quite a good girl and has picked up lots of good habits since we moved).  
  • My birthday was Wednesday (happy birthday to me!) so we're celebrating this weekend with friends.
 I'm sure there's lots more, but I can't remember. Fingers crossed that I get better at this whole blogging thing and have fun stories for you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment