Friday, January 14, 2011

Bake Off and Dart Battle

This weekend Dave and I are headed to Pittsburgh to visit my parents.  JR will be there with his daughter and Amy is coming with her family.  It'll be a fun time. 

What's that?  You remember a bake off challenge posed to my sister and I, instigated by my brother?  Why yes, this would be the opportunity to settle the score.  I'm not sure what we're calling it--Baker Death Match seems a little extreme.  but we will have three rounds (cookies, banana bread and baker's choice dessert).

We decided JR had to come up with judging criteria and a scoring sheet since he started all this.  He responded that he would and the judging would consist of all factors, including bribery.  Lucky for me I had already planned on giving Elyse my old laptop.

I'm so winning this bake off.

Additionally, we have a bit of a Nerf dart gun challenge to settle.  I think we have about 300 rounds of ammo and some sort of Nerf blaster for each of us (my parents included).  We had one of these battles last Christmas (2009).  In November 2010, my dad found more rogue darts around the living room.


This isn't the exact one I have, but it's a rotating canister.
And safety glasses?  Really?
Perhaps we should have the bake off after the Nerf challenge.  Between being hopped up on sugar and the possibility of Amy gunning for me from kicking her butt, I may not survive.

And the answer is yes, the adults absolutely have more fun than the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment