Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Unpacking My Bags

Several years ago when Donald Trump's catch-phrase of "You're fired," became a part of day-to-day lexicon, Dave and I took it a step further and used it to express exasperation for any transgression the other many have made.  For example, if Dave for got to take out the trash, I'd tell him he was fired.  If I forgot to pick up the dry cleaning, I was fired.  We probably fire each other from various things at least once daily, more on the weekends. 

Yesterday I fired Dave from inviting me on vacations. 

Turns out, that I'm not actually allowed to accompany him on this particular trip to Germany, even if I pay my own way.  I'm not exactly sure why.  But in any case, I was sullen and fired Dave, then told him that in the future he should get all the details before inviting me on a European vacation. 

Then I told him that he totally owes me and it should be big, shiny and come in pairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment