Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Presents

I do have tales and pictures from Disney, but first I've been waiting to share all the crochet projects I've been making.  These were all Christmas gifts, so now I can finally show you since the recipients are cuddled with their presents now.


I could not stop making this pattern. In fact, I have blue and pale blue yarn (Lion Brand Homespun) to make another one because I love the pattern so much.  It works up so quickly and the yarn is very soft making the blanket super cozy and warm.  The one on the left was for Dave's uncle and aunt, Jeff and Jo.  I was making it while at Dave's parent's house and Madaline was so excited about it I decided to make them the one on the right.  The middle one is actually the first one I made and I gave that to our friends Kate and Andy because they rock and have a purple bedroom.  (Andy's hardcore that way).  The pattern was free from the Joann Fabrics' website and I think it was called Diagonal Throw.


This one I made for my cousin, Angela.  I loved the variegated red and black yarn and since those are her school colors, I thought she'd appreciate it.  It's fluffy and soft, a Sensations boucle yarn. It's just a square (granny square style but without changing colors or yarns).  Perfect for Ange to cuddle up and study. 



This pattern was on the back of a ball of Deborah Norville Collection Everyday yarn, so I picked up enough cream and blue variegated balls to complete the pattern for our friends Lisa and Larry.  They live in Florida and love the beach and I love how the patterns floats between being clouds or waves.


Using some more Homespun yarn, I made this curly scarf and a set of fingerless gloves (or texting gloves as they are being called now) for my cousin Nikki. It's very girly and cute and fun, so I thought she'd like it.  Both patterns came from the Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet I've followed before.


I decided to also make a scarf and fingerless glove set for Cindy using Vanna's Choice yarn.  the gloves are the same pattern as Nikki's but the scarf is just a series of double crochets and half double crochets to my preferred length--no actual pattern.  I just thought it was cute.

I also made a few extra scarves and gloves.  I might keep a set or I might donate them.  We'll see.  I'm sure there will be some more projects to come up this spring and I'm also excited because Rachel has picked up crocheting so we'll be able to swap patterns and such.  Yay!


2 comments:

  1. You're so talented! These are all beautiful. So far I've only conquered granny squares, but I have high hopes for crocheting. I have the chicks with sticks book, and one called Granny Square Love that's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get there. There's a curly scarf in the chicks with sticks book that's easy--just jump in. And I did the diagonal scarf with variegated yarn that was super simple too.

    ReplyDelete