Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"It was camouflaged!"

Actual conversation between Dave and I last night:

Me (in the kitchen): You like cantaloupe, right?

Dave (in the living room): Yeah.

Me: Ok, I'm going to cut this up then.

Dave: Ok...Wait.  When did you get a cantaloupe?

Me: Oh dear Lord.  Are you serious?

Dave: What?

Me: It's been here since Saturday.

Dave:  Where?

Me: On the counter.

Dave: Oh, well it was camouflaged!  (Note: Our counters are off-white, but not the dark beige of a cantaloupe rind.)

Me: You're full of it.

Dave: Well it wasn't in the fruit bowl, so I didn't see it.

Me: No.  It was right in front of the fruit bowl and you reached over it earlier.

Dave: See, it wasn't in my line of vision because I was looking beyond it.

Me: I'm so blogging this.

Dave: What?  No!

Me: My mom is going to love this one.

Dave:  Ah, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment