Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy 2 to Us!

Today Dave and I celebrate our second anniversary.  It's been two crazy, uncertain and fun years and yes I'd do it all over again.  We decided to celebrate over the weekend because Mondays don't lend themselves to parties.

On Friday evening, I walked in the door and was welcomed by this:


Because, as Dave said, "All the anniversary balloons were lame."  This sucker is ginormous.  Like 3 feet tall.  Who said contemporary gifts for second anniversaries was cotton? Clearly it's giant mylar balloons.  (Although we did exchange cotton in the form of T-shirts.)  And I got roses.  He's such a sweetie.

Saturday night we went out to dinner, opting to go to The Melting Pot.  If you've never been, I highly recommend it.  We had a blast and I was impressed with the intimate nature of the restaurant, as well as the service and the slow pace they allowed us since we did the "Big Night Out", a four-course fondue feast of cheese, salad, various meat entrees and an excellent dark chocolate and dulche de leche fondue for dessert. 

Yesterday we made soft pretzel bombs (pretzels stuffed with cheese and pepperoni), drank beer and watched football (and drank more beer to drown our sorrows after the Steelers lost.  Tonight will be low-key since we've already done our big celebration.

It might seem like I give Dave a hard time on this blog, but it's only because he's hilarious and I love him.  And I wouldn't have him any other way.

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary, I can't believe it's been 2 years already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the '2' balloon! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete