Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Press Play

So, by way of an update...

I did not get the position at School #2, although they had nice things to say and I was in the top 3.  I believe they went with an internal candidate.  No problem--it's totally them, not me. 

School #1 would not negotiate on salary, so I could not accept that position.  And that's ok.  It was a significant pay cut and for Dave to not have an offer at the same time, we couldn't run the risk.  The right position is out there and it's one that I will love doing and that will pay me enough that Dave and I can relocate and be happy.  I've applied to oodles more jobs in North Carolina and now am patiently waiting to hear back.

Dave has been busy.  He still hasn't gotten confirmation from Company W he's been working with since April.  So he's been applying and interviewing elsewhere.  He had a phone interview and a face to face interview with Company D last week and had yet another face to face today.  His third face to face with Company D will be tomorrow.  He also rocked another phone interview last week.  Progress is, hopefully, being made.

Having said all that, we definitely feel like most of our marriage has been a life lived in pause.  We have a lot we want to do and haven't because of Dave first being injured and then being unemployed.  And even now with him getting closer and closer to job, many parts of our lives have been put on hold until we figure out whether we're going to have the money to do them or even where we'll be living (here or in North Carolina). 

Yesterday we got an email from our rescue group asking us to take on a dog.  Dave and I talked about it and he was very hesitant, not wanting to take on the project if he's not going to be around during the day.  It just wouldn't be fair to the dog to be alone 12 hours a day.  I suggested that if he didn't want a dog at all, that's fine, but I wasn't willing to live yet another part of my life on pause.  It's so frustrating that we're coming up on two years of marriage but haven't really been able to live our lives.  It's no one's fault and we are definitely doing fun things and being happy, but at the same time, it's certainly not what I pictured our marriage to be.  I know our marriage is stronger because of it, but we need a break.

We decided to ask one of the group leaders if she would be a back up foster for us in the event Dave gets one of these jobs before we can adopt out this dog.  She agreed.  So some time this week we'll conduct the evaluation and see if we'll bring a new sweet dog into our home.  And the best case scenario would be that we'll only have her for a short time before she has to go to another foster home.

No comments:

Post a Comment