Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Few Projects

While I was at jury duty in March, I started working on a few crochet projects (it made the time go by).  Following a free pattern I picked up from Joann Fabrics, I figured out hats a little bit better and was able to finish 5 chemo caps recently.


The Michael's craft store near me collects the caps year round for area chemo patients, so I dropped off all of them there.  I liked this project because I felt good about helping someone else, I used up some extra (read: free) yarn and I learned something.  A veritable trifecta.

I also finished up a beach bag for my friend Lisa.  Her birthday was last month and she's moving to Florida next month, so I came up with this patterns after failing miserably at one of the patterns in the Chicks with Sticks book. 


I used bamboo silk yarn and it's so soft.  The bag will stretch a lot, but the yarn is strong, so it'll be great for sunglasses, sunscreen, a book and some snacks.

A few other projects are lined up now, but we'll see how much I get on the ball with them.  I think I have 4 projects in various stages on not being done right now.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment