Friday, March 8, 2013

Grandma Goes Viral

Well, not exactly, but I won't be surprised if this video does make a few internet rounds. Grandma moved to an assisted living facility in Charlotte last year.  She's close to my uncle and his family and not to far from my sister.  Being the social butterfly that she is, I'm not at all surprised by this clip from the local news station.  My cousin Angela called Grandma "bad ass" after seeing this. (Choose full screen for proper viewing enjoyment.)

WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

I'm not even surprised that there is video of Grandma doing the Harlem Shake before I even knew about this phenomenon.  This is the same woman who when I was maybe ten or eleven years old, came into my room to do the Electric Slide while I was doing my homework and listening to the radio one night.

Of course, my favorite part is that she's been living there for just over a year and is already the Ambassador for the facility (it's capitalized because it's a title, and when Grandma thinks about it, I'm sure she sees it that way).

I just hope when I'm pushing 90 years old, I can still shake it.  Although my sister said we'd probably break a hip shakin' it.  Worth it.



1 comment: