Tuesday, October 30, 2012

We Survived

Well, luckily Hurricane Sandy didn't hit Massachusetts nearly as hard as was anticipated.  It was forecast to be so bad that the governor closed all schools, colleges & universities.  Which meant that the university I work at closed for the first time in almost forever. Possibly since World War II.  Basically this place never closes.

Anywho, the storm came and didn't directly hit the coast, instead doing much more damage south of us.  We did go through heavy rain and extreme winds.  I'm pretty sure the wind didn't stop all.day.long.  It was so bad that when we went to bed last night, after things were starting to calm down, I said to Dave that I could no longer tell if the wind was blowing because the sound was so constant I'd become immune to it.

But the best part of the whole thing is that we didn't lose power.  YAY!  After last Halloween's freak snowstorm, I wasn't looking forward to a hurricane damaged version of the same. It was still dark when I left this morning, but I don't think we lost any trees.  Just a lot of leaves and small twigs and branches littered the roads nearby.  A lot of people in our town and towards the coast are dealing with much worse clean up, so my heart goes out to them and I hope they remain safe. 

Thinking of all my friends and family closer to the impact of the storm:  Hope you all are safe and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment