Monday, March 28, 2011

Crazy Stuff I See

Last week I was walking to the train station after work.  Since it's spring and occasionally the weather wants to pretend it's nice outside, there have been a lot more people walking along Mass Ave in Cambridge lately.  Particularly people with dogs, which typically puts a smile on my face. 

Last summer I enjoyed walking past a shoe store that frequently left the door open so the "Watch Corgi" could see the people going up and down the street.  He would sometimes bring his tennis ball to the door and once he lost it, helplessly watching it roll away from him.  So of course I had to collect it and roll it back to him.


But last week I had to do a double take.  In the distance I saw a guy walking what I thought were two medium sized white dogs.  I could quite tell the breed so I kept looking as I got closer.

They weren't dogs.

They were lambs.

On leashes.

Walking toward Harvard Square.

I apologize because by the time I realized what was happening, I was ill-prepared to take a good photo from the front and ended up with a shot of the sidewalk.  But I was able to procure the following:


Enhance:


Enhance:


I know the picture quality from my phone sucks, but I promise you, they were lambs.

When I shared this with Dave and asked, "Who walks lambs down Mass Ave?," his response was, "Well, you have to exercise them.  And it's illegal to let your livestock wander on Boston Common now."

And now I've spent the last few days wondering and coming up with more questions.  Does the guy have a house or apartment?  Why lambs?  Does he use them for wool?  What other livestock might he have?  How do you train a lamb to walk on a leash?  Why doesn't he live on a farm?  It' all very confusing, but I must say, there is never a lack of interesting things on my walks through the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment