Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Whole New Year

So Tuesday was my birthday and now I'm into my early 30s at a ripe 31.  It's been quite the year.  The birthday was rather uneventful, what with being in the middle of the week and busy with work and all.  I was positively spoiled by my friends and family though.  Dave took me out to dinner over the weekend and I got lots of cards, calls and presents (and much looking forward to a massage this weekend, thanks to my husband).

The gift that cracked me up the most, however, was from my funny friend, Kate.  She never ceases to make me laugh.  I have to copy her note verbatim because it was that good.

"Happy Birthday, Colleen!
I'm sending the tin back to ensure that I'm on the list for next year. :)

Tell Dave he can use these to perfect his euthanasia technique, a long as you get to eat them afterwards!

<3 Kate"

This is what was in the tin:



Enhance:


Aren't they adorable?  And their very yummy. (Thanks, Kate!)

And the best part about my birthday is that because the Steelers are in the Superbowl, I get to extend my birthday through the weekend.  Partially because we're having a big party at our house, so of course I get to make it all about me (and the Steelers).

No comments:

Post a Comment